Computer made/mounted on velcro 3.0 inch/77mm
433rd TACTICAL FIGHTER SQUADRON
No. 433 Squadron formed at RAF Skipton-on-Swale on 25 Sep 1943, but was without aircraft for nearly two months. When they arrived they were the latest version of the Handley Page Halifax, the Mk III, and No. 433 worked up on them to begin operations on 2 Jan 1944. For the next year the squadron was continuously operational on Halifaxes over the Continent by night. In Jan 1945 the Halifaxes were replaced by Avro Lancaster Mk Is, and No. 433 used these for three months, by which time the war in Europe had come to an end. No. 433 was not disbanded but, as part of No. 1 Group, flew trooping flights from Germany and Italy, bringing back troops and POWs. This continued until 15 Oct 1945, when the squadron disbanded at Skipton-on-Swale.
No. 433 Squadron reformed as an All-Weather (Fighter) unit at CFB Cold Lake, Alberta, on 15 Nov 1954, and moved to CFB North Bay, Ontario, in Oct 1955, the squadron flew CF-100 Canuck aircraft on North American air defence until disbanded on 1 Aug 1961.
Reformed post-unification No. 433 Escadrille tactique de combat was a French language squadron of Mobile Command based at CFB Bagotville, Quebec. No. 433 Escadrille flew the CF-5 Freedom Fighter in the tactical and reconnaissance role until conversion to the CF-188 Hornet fighter jets in 1984.
The squadron was deactivated in 2005, and its assets and personnel amalgamated into 425 Tactical Fighter Squadron.
The squadron was reactivated on 9 Jun 2015.
The squadron has celebrated its 75th anniversary on 15 Sep 2018.